Marching Band – Playoff Football
We have been invited and approved to travel to Comstock Park for the playoff football game on Friday, October 27th. We will be taking the entire band and doing a collaborative performance with the Comstock Park Band.
Here is the itinerary:
4:00 pm Change into uniform and load trailer
4:30 pm Depart Coopersville
5:00 pm Rehearsal with Comstock Park Band
5:30-6:30 Social Time and Cider and Donuts with the CP Band
7:00 pm Game
10:15 pm Estimated arrival home (students will be dismissed after uniforms are checked in)
We are still in the process of figuring out dinner plans.
We will be publishing a Sign Up Genius for Chaperones later this week.
BRONCO BAND NEWSLETTER
WEEK 7 (10/16/17 – 10/20/17)
BAND BOOSTER MEETING CHANGE
- 2nd Mondays of the month (except December)
- 6:00 – 7:00pm in the MIDDLE SCHOOL CHOIR ROOM. (An hour before community band!)
- Next meeting Monday, November 16.
CHOCOLATE SALE UPDATE
- All money should have been turned in unless a student took out an extra box in the last 2 days.
5TH GRADE BAND
- Trumpets/Clarinets- Notes: G, F, E
- Saxophones- Notes: D, C, B
- Flutes/Trombones Notes: F, Eb, D
6TH GRADE BAND
- “Pink Sheet” – #2 Eb Major, “A First Winter’s Sleigh Ride”
SOLO & ENSEMBLE
- Solo & Ensemble Students – were assigned pianists and needed to contact them no later than today to set up times to rehearse.
- Additional information will be emailed out
7th GRADE BAND
- “Sleigh Ride” & “A Christmas Fanfare”
8th GRADE BAND
- “A Holiday Sing Along”
HIGH SCHOOL BANDS
- Game Tonight: 5:00 Call time – 5:30 Rehearsal on field – 6:40 Game begins –
- We will play through the whole game. Go Broncos!
Banquet/Auditorium Show – Saturday, October 28th 5:00pm
- Each family brings a main dish and a salad or dessert for potluck dinner
- Any and all family members invited – free!
- Bring your own plates, napkins, cutlery and beverages.
- Auditorium show will begin after dinner around 6:30.
- “Gonna Fly Now” is the new piece for the week