The chocolate sale is the Bronco Band’s largest and most profitable fundraiser. All of the bands benefit from the profits earned.Please consider volunteering to help make this chocolate sale a huge success. The times and dates we are in need of volunteers are listed on the sign up genius link below. We could not do this fundraiser without your help! Thank you!
Band Newsletter – Week 2
BRONCO BAND NEWSLETTER
WEEK 2 9/11/17 – 9/15/17
Amazon Smile – Help support the band on your Amazon Purchases.
- Visit AmazonSmile at smile.amazon.com, and select Coopersville Bronco Band Booster as your charitable organization.
Bronco Band Window Stickers – Available for $5 in all buildings
Annual Chocolate Sale: 9/22 – 10/6
-Begins Friday 9/22 (grades 6 – 12)
-The following Monday/Tuesday (9/25) 5th grade
-Please consider volunteering to help collect money! A Sign-up genius will be available on the band website and facebook page this week.
NEXT BAND BOOSTER MEETING: Tuesday, October 10 – 7:00pm in the HS Band Room
5TH GRADE BAND
- Students will need instruments this Monday/Tuesday September 18th/19th!
- Instruction will be given on assembly, proper playing position and tone production on Monday/Tuesday. Please encourage your child to show you what they have learned!
- www.beginningbandbootcamp.com and “The Fortissimo Project” Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs_oMfgeNQUc9PcH_zs2yEw are both fantastic resources made by band directors to help beginning band students!
MIDDLE SCHOOL BANDS
- All students enrolled in google classroom and submitted a sample audio recording.
- We watched the following TED video in the 6th/7th grade band about practicing efficiently: https://ed.ted.com/lessons/how-to-practice-effectively-for-just-about-anything-annie-bosler-and-don-greene
6th Grade Band: We continued reviewing up until page 20.
7th Grade Band: F Major Scale & Eb Major Scale, Tradition of Excellence Book 2 – Pg. 3 #10, #12 Pg. 4 #16, 17 & “Fire, Dance Ritual”
8th Grade Band: Standard of Excellence Book 2 Pg. 2 # 4, #5 Pg. 3 #6, #8, “Kachina” and “Perseus and the Sea Monster.”
HIGH SCHOOL BANDS
- Marching band is performing 4 of the 5 selections in “The Beatles Show” at tonight’s home game.
- CMU Band Day is next Saturday September 23rd. Lunch forms must be turned in by every student.
- Band Handbook Agreements were due on September 15th for credit. Late forms must still be turned in and accounted for since they also serve as permission slips.
- Jazz Band is currently working on assembling a gig book and began new charts on Friday.